Following on from the success of the reading activities that took place over World Book Day, Archbishop Temple School has signed up to Lancashire's year of reading in 2018.
The whole school has made a pledge committing to:
- Becoming a reading school
- Seeking out every opportunity to improve standards in reading within our school.
- Encouraging reading for pleasure.
- Enabling children to read in depth in a wide range of subjects, deepening their knowledge and understanding across the curriculum.
- Working with other schools, our local library and other partners to promote reading as a life-long skill.
Please may we remind all pupils that they must carry a reading book every day, as there may be opportunities within any school day to read quietly.
Posted by Mrs L Brown
Category: Love Books Library Blog