Year 11 Pupils
Lancashire County Council has produced two documents setting out information from individual sixth forms, colleges and apprenticeship providers based in Lancashire. The information is shown by provider to help you make informed decisions about your next steps, such as on how to apply for a place, where to find information on courses and how to prepare for Year 12.
These documents will support the careers education, information, advice and guidance already provided in school. Whilst many of you have already applied for a place at a sixth form, college or apprenticeship provider, a number may still be undecided or have not yet applied. Therefore, we have been asked to share these documents with our Year 11 pupils and your parents/carers to support you at this time.
You will also note from the booklets that a number of schools and colleges have included information on bridging work and transition activities.
Year 11 pupils may wish to use these to help remain engaged between leaving Archbishop Temple and taking your next career step.
Year 11 Transition & Apprenticeship Booklets
Apprenticeships, Traineeships and CV Template
DWP & Microsoft Workshops - Employability Skills Workshops with Microsoft
A Training 2000 Traineeship is ideal for those who are unsure what to do, they know they want an apprenticeship but do not know which route to take. It is great for those students who need a bit of confidence when it comes to interview techniques and they are supported with CV writing, making it stand out from the crowd. They also upskill maths and English if needed. Further information can be found in the document below.
- 'How to become a GP' - https://www.mcghealthcare.co.uk/blog/how-to-become-a-gp-a-career-guide/bp202/
- 'How to get into investment banking' - https://www.amttraining.com/knowledgebank/productivity-enhancers/how-to-get-into-investment-banking/
- 'How to become a fertility clinician' - https://www.fertilityfamily.co.uk/blog/how-to-become-a-fertility-clinician/
- 'How to become an intellectual property analyst' - https://www.govgrant.co.uk/knowledge-hub/how-to-become-an-intellectual-property-analyst/
- 'How to become a criminal solicitor' - https://www.lawtonslaw.co.uk/resources/how-to-become-a-criminal-solicitor/
- 'How to become a family lawyer' - https://raydensolicitors.co.uk/blog/how-to-become-a-family-lawyer/