Throughout Covid, the Careers teams across Lancashire and South Cumbria have been working closely on creating an employability platform aimed to inform and inspire NHS careers within the local communities across their areas.
There are 5 Hospital Trusts that have been involved in the creation of this resource –
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals (us)
- University Hospital of Morecambe Bay
- Blackpool Teaching Hospital
- East Lancashire Teaching Hospital
- Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Trust
They are pleased to launch this platform therefore please see the links to access - www.NHScareersnw.co.uk or www.NHScareersnw.com
They will be running various employability programmes through this platform and there is information provided surrounding all types of jobs, work experience, volunteering and vacancies concerned with the Trusts involved.
Autumn Term Career Experiences
Ages 12-18 | In-person in 5 UK cities or live online | 28 Careers
We are delighted to announce the launch of our autumn term career experience programmes, which your students can register for now.
Our programmes empower students aged 12-18 to take charge of their futures through live, interactive and hands-on sessions with top professionals. Students can choose from 28 careers and attend either in-person across 5 UK cities or live online.
We expect to be fully-booked for our Young Doctor, Engineer, Lawyer, Investment Banker, Software Engineer and Psychologist programmes by 30th September.
Places are highly limited. We kindly ask you to forward this email to relevant parents and students so they can register now. You can download a PDF of this email here.
There are some spaces on an Autumn and early Winter virtual hospital work experience course - Ward Round Live. It's a great way for students to get interactive work experience for their Medicine application, as well as taking on the role of a Doctor themselves.
Next available courses:
Name: Ward Round Live
Next Date: Saturday 16th October 2021 & Sunday 7th November 2021
Time: 10am - 4pm
Please forward the above course information on to any aspiring medics.
Medical Work Experience Week
An important part of applying to Medical School is preparation and making sure you're organised. We encourage our pre-medical students to make the most of their time by gaining lots of medicine insight and work experience, ready for their personal statements and interviews.
A great start to their experiences could be our in-person Medical Work Experience Week in London which includes:
- NHS Doctor & medical student teaching.
- A & E hands-on simulations using Medical Manikins.
- Simulations to develop skills for medical school e.g. teamwork / communication skills / decision making / working under pressure.
- Practical clinical skills r.e. cannulation / taking blood.
- Application advice for Personal statements, entrance examinations, medical school insight.
- Mock MMI Interviews with personal feedback.
- Accommodation with breakfast and dinner in London.
We still have spaces on our October course from 24th October to 30th October 2021.
To read more about the course, book a space, or see our 2022 course dates, please use the link below:
Medical Projects - Medical Work Experience Week