3 October 2018
On 8 September 2018, eight pupils from Archbishop Temple School went to compete as part of the Preston Harriers team in the Lower Youth Development League National Athletics Final in Bedford.
This year was the first time that the Preston Harriers qualified as Northern Champions. Preston Harriers currently have one of the best teams they have ever had to compete at the finals.
Emma, Isabella and James in year 8, Isabel and Isaac year 9, Kianna, Will and Joshua in year 10, were the athletes who competed and helped the Preston Harriers secure 2nd place in the country, only 7.5 points behind Reading AC.
Pupils from Archbishop Temple School competed in the following events:
- Emma in year 8 – Javelin (bronze), 70m hurdles
- Isabella in year 8 – Shot (silver), Javelin (silver)
- James in year 8 – 200m (bronze), 75m hurdles (gold), Long jump (gold), 4x100m relay (gold)
- Isabel in year 9 – 75m hurdles, High jump, 4x100m relay (bronze)
- Isaac in year 9 – 100m, 200m, 4x100m relay
- Kianna in year 10 – 200m, 300m (bronze), 4x100m relay (bronze)
- Joshua in year 10 – 300m, 4x300m relay
- Will in year 10 - Long jump (gold)
Overall, a fantastic team achievement and experience that people will remember for a long time.
Isabel, Year 8