The Library aims to be at the centre of the school. It is our belief that encouraging a life-long love of reading is paramount to helping our pupils achieve their full potential in life.
The Library is run by our librarian, Mrs Dearden, and 18 enthusiastic and knowledgeable pupil librarians. It is very popular with our pupils and is a hive of activity at break time and lunch time.
The library is open to pupils and staff at break and lunchtime every day and after school for Homework Club (until 4.30 pm) Monday - Thursday.
- To promote, encourage and inspire reading for pleasure.
- To inform pupils on how to use a library to its full potential.
- To provide access to information for curriculum support.
- To provide a positive, nurturing and welcoming learning environment.
- Over 3,000 books of fiction and non-fiction
- Careers Information, College and University Prospectuses
- 32 computers available for pupils and staff to use
- ipad use in the library for homework, reading a book or Firefly tasks
- Secure ipad storage and charging facility
Teachers can book the library for lessons.
We have regular author visits and literary events.
Our library is getting bigger! We accept donations of fiction books less than 2 years old, and non-fiction books less than 5 years old.
The school blog is regularly updated with library news and details of author events.