Following on from the success of the World Book Day activities, Archbishop Temple School played an active part in 'Lancashire's Year of Reading' in 2018. The legacy of the 'Year of Reading' lives on, we made the following pledge, committing to:
- Becoming a reading school
- Seeking out every opportunity to improve standards in reading within our school.
- Encouraging reading for pleasure.
- Enabling children to read in depth in a wide range of subjects, deepening their knowledge and understanding across the curriculum.
- Working with other schools, our local library and other partners to promote reading as a life-long skill.
Please may we remind all pupils that they must carry a reading book every day, as there may be opportunities within any school day to read quietly.