Our purpose is to provide the highest quality of education to all pupils within the context of Christian belief and practice.
The Christian ethos is at the very heart of the school which ensures that the traditional Christian values of respect, compassion and self-discipline are linked to the aspiration that every single pupil reaches their potential. We offer a balanced curriculum that meets the needs of all our pupils through academic and vocational pathways. We expect excellence in all subject areas and all other aspects of school life. We are proud to be a school of high aspiration and high achievement. Learning is quite rightly given prominence here. The quality of teaching matters and our recent awards, commendations, and our outstanding 2009 Ofsted report endorse this, and the Christian aspects of the school are celebrated in our denominational inspection of July 2014.
This is our School Vision
We live out this Vision in the life of the school through our motto;
Faith, Nurture, Service.
Our Principles and Values
- We treat each other with trust and dignity and we expect all in the school to value each other’s rights and beliefs.
- We support and care for pupils with special educational needs.
- We educate all pupils in accordance with the requirements of the National Curriculum.
- We seek to instill in pupils a sense of excitement and curiosity about learning.
- We prepare pupils for the world of work, and for life in the community beyond school.
- We provide a supportive and stimulating environment in which all staff can grow and gain a sense of fulfilment.
- We strive to preserve and develop the religious character of the school.
- We encourage an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith.
- We promote Christian values through the experience offered to all pupils.
- We build and maintain links with the primary schools from which our pupils come, and with the educational institutions to which pupils may go.