20 August 2020, 9.30am – 12.00pm
Arrangements for the collection of qualification results
NB At present, the GCSE and Cambridge National results are scheduled for release on Thursday, 20th August. Assuming that there is no change to this date, the following procedures will apply.
On 6th August, Preston City Council published the following statement on their website:
Following the announcement that Preston has been declared an 'area of intervention' by government, additional restrictions will apply from midnight 7 August.
Can I meet people outside?
In line with national guidance groups of no more than six can meet outside in a public place. ...If the group only consists of people from two households this can be more than six people.
You must take precautions to socially distance from one another wherever practical.
In light of these local restrictions we have amended the arrangements for Results Day.
Parents and carers are asked to not accompany their children onto the school site whilst they collect their results. We request that parents and carers wait well away from the school entrance and bus park.
Pupils are invited to collect their results at the following times:
Canterbury House: 09.30 – 09.50
Durham House: 10 – 10.20
Winchester House: 10.30 – 10.50
York House: 11 – 11.20
Students, please adhere to the following requests:
1. Ensure that you are wearing an appropriate face covering whilst near and on the school site.
2. Do not congregate with friends before or after collecting results.
3. Enter the school site using the pedestrian gate on the left and follow the one-way system.
4. Maintain a distance of at least 2 metres between pupils.
5. Sanitise your hands on entry.
6. At the results station, results' envelopes will be distributed according to surname, names beginning with A to J from Mrs Arnfield and names from K to Z from Mrs Coxon. Please confirm your full name clearly to Mrs Arnfield or Mrs Coxon.
7. Prior to opening your results, continue to the pedestrian gate and immediately exit the site.
8. Further information will be enclosed in your results envelope. Please read all documents very carefully, after which, if you still need to speak with a teacher or Mrs Khan, Careers Adviser, please queue to re-enter the site using the one-way system.
Please do not congregate on the bus park; this is in breach of national guidance, which states ‘…groups of no more than six can meet outside in a public place’.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience during this difficult time.