This Autumn, Preston City Council’s Waste Department is holding a design competition for all secondary schools in the Preston City Council area, for their design to be printed onto their new rotating bin wagons! The competition is open to pupils in years 7-11. To enter, pupils would need to create their own artwork on an A4 sheet of paper, following the theme of recycling and reuse, making it as creative and colourful as possible! There will be one winner and a couple of runner-ups. In addition to their design being printed on the wagons, the winner will also receive some prizes, including a Fire Tablet and Parker Pen.
If any pupils require materials to complete their artwork, such as plain paper, please see Ms Murphy, Head of Art.
- Pupils must create a design on an A4 landscape piece of paper and have freedom to use any medium, including paint, pencil, digital art and so on.
- The design must be legible and focus on the themes of REDUCING, REUSING and/or RECYCLING waste.
- The design will be printed on one of Preston City Council’s bin wagons arriving Spring/Summer 2024.
- The bin wagon is cylindrical in shape and rotates on the horizontal axis. Pupils should keep this feature in mind when creating a design. A video of the bin wagon in action can be found at www.preston.gov.uk/binwagoncompetition
- Only one entry per pupil is accepted.
- The pupil’s name, school and year group must be written on the back of the submission paper. If sending digital art, please name the file with the pupil's name, school and year group.
- Archbishop Temple Church of England High School pupils should hand, or email if digital art, their submission to Ms. H. Murphy, Head of Art, by Wednesday 6th December
- Entries will be judged according to the following criteria: creativity, showing how to reduce/reuse/recycle waste in Preston, suitability for the bin wagon, use of colour.
- The winning design may be amended to fit within the parameters of the vehicle livery, if required.
- The winners will be required to partake in any publicity or media activity relating to the competition, which may include photography.
- Full terms and conditions can be found at www.preston.gov.uk/binwagoncompetition